Thanks for choosing Big Feed Club!
This Policy is designed to comply with the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act (PIPEDA).
By “personally identifiable information”, we mean information that directly identifies you, such as your name, IP address, or email address, etc. In this Policy, “we” and “our” mean Big Feed Club, and “you” or “your” mean any person who visits our website. To clarify, the given meaning of “Personal information” under this policy is in addition to the definition provided by the applicable law.
- NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
We collect, store, and process personal data from the citizens of Canada. Our business currently operates only in Canada and we do not collect the personal data of any user who is not a resident of Canada.
- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION FOR CHILDREN
We do not intentionally collect Personal Data from users who are under the age of 18 since we require credit/debit information to purchase from us. If a user under the age of 18 submits Personal Data to Us and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a user under the age of 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with the information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our server as reasonably possible.
- DATA COLLECTION
Information You Provide:
“Personal Data” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, email, phone, date of birth, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permits the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data and a few other categories of information, from a few different sources.
We receive the information you provide to us when you:
- Create an account with us to log into our App and website, we may collect certain Personal Data from you, such as your first name and last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Account information, such as online password and other log-in details used to access the Big Feed Club service.
- We collect and process Credit/Debit card details for the purchasing of products but do not store them on our servers.
- When you provide us with the service feedback on our site, the information contained in the feedback including first name and last name, email, and phone number are collected and stored on our servers for our review.
- We also collect Personal Data that you provide us voluntarily while contacting us on our info or help email.
- We may also collect Personal Data with your consent, at such other points in our website that specifically states that Personal Data is being collected.
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the services you can use.
- Automated Information Collection
We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passive collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information: When you access the Site and make use of the Big Feed Club services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links: The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Web Beacons: Web Beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1x1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Web Beacons can collect the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the web beacon comes from, and the time the web beacon was viewed. We may use Web Beacons to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site.
- WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
Generally, Big Feed Club uses the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop our Site and the e-commerce services we provide to you, to communicate with you, to offer you a better service, and to protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the Big Feed Club services, we use a variety of technologies to process the Personal Information that we collect about you for the following reasons:
- Personalize your experience with our products and services;
- For communication purposes; We may send emails to the email address you provide to us.
- Identify and authenticate you so you may access certain content or use certain of our services.
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products and services and prevent misuse.
- To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the Big Feed Club Service.
- Communicate with you and provide customer support.
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Service (including analyzing and improving our products and services).
- To evaluate and develop new features, technologies, and improvements to the Big Feed Club Service.
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities.
- To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and policies, including the Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE SHARE
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share Personal Information collected through the Site, from Log-In Users collected through the Services, except as described below:
- Service Providers: We do not work with third parties that provide services on our behalf, including our Retailers. Such services may include supplies monitoring and tracking, product shipping and delivery, credit card processing, website hosting, product development and enhancement, marketing, and website usage analytics. We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with these third parties to enable them to provide these services.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We do not share personal information or any information collected through the Site with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Merger and Acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of the Company’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Protection: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the Big Feed Club Service if we deem it necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or third parties.
- Breach of Terms: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the Big Feed Club Service if we find that you are in breach of its terms and conditions or any policies or usage guidelines for products or services.
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site and your usage of the Big Feed Club Service if we are required to do so by law or according to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- Consent: We may share personal information per any consent you provide.
Contractors, Vendors, or partners of Big Feed Club who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for Big Feed Club are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Big Feed Club.
A User’s personal information will be retained for as long as the User receives the Services, for archiving purposes, and for any period during which there is a dispute between the User and Big Feed Club and otherwise in Big Feed Club’s sole discretion.
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND SITES
- KEEPING YOUR DATA SAFE
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting our users’ data. We implement appropriate technical, administrative, and organizational measures to help protect the security of your data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorized access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a strong password that is unique to your Big Feed Club account, never share your password with anyone, limit access to your App and browser.
- DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
We keep your data such as Name, Email address, and other details shared by you only as long as necessary to provide you with the Big Feed Club Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Big Feed Club Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your data for as long as you are a user of the Big Feed Club Service.
If you request, we will delete your data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your accounts, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
- MOBILE PRIVACY
When you access our mobile-optimized sites, we may automatically receive and record information on our server from your browser or mobile platform, including your IP address, browser type, operating information, device and application IDs, and cookie information. We will not use any information collected for advertising purposes and we will not provide this information to any third parties for use in the marketing of any product or service to you.
- PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE SEEK YOUR CONSENT
We may also ask for your consent to process your Personal Information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop the processing of your data for that purpose.
Also, we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providing marketing assistance and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed only to perform their functions. We require companies with whom we contract for outsourced services to keep data received from us confidential and to use it only for the purposes indicated.
- WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
If you have any questions or objections as to how we collect and process your Personal Information, please contact our help or info email. The Big Feed Club Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
You can get a copy of the Personal Information collected by us if any. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many features of Big Feed Club.
You can add or update certain information by visiting your Big Feed Club Account When you update information; we may keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
If you don't want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please see your Preference section.
- CONTACT US